CNC Machinist III - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is looking for a highly skilled individual to add to our Colorado Springs team! Both 1st and 2nd shift positions are available!
CRITICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Ability to do Prototype machining, R&D, and reverse engineering
- Experience with manual machines, CNC machines, conversational programming and CNC coding
- Must have a positive attitude, be a team player and be project oriented
- Must be self-sufficient and be a leader/mentor to others
- THESE QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST HAVE THE BASIC FUNDAMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ASSOCIATED WITH MACHINING AND POSSES THE ABILITY TO GENERATE, READ AND INTERPRET DRAWINGS.
- Must fully understand the process of machining.
- Prior work history or knowledge of machining and programming g-code is crucial to this position.
- Must be familiar with fanuc base machines.
- Able to read and understand complex machining blueprints.
- Able to write simple machining programs on several different controllers.
- Sets-up and runs complex machining operations on the Haas Lathe, Feeler, G&L, Femco Vertical Mills and Femco HBC.
- Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions, adjust machine controls and offsets with minimal or no supervision.
- Periodically inspects parts during run and after completion to ensure parts are accurate.
- Processes all paperwork according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe working area.
- Monitors job costing to ensure that the machining stays within acceptable limits to the estimate.
Maintenance Technician - 2nd shift - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication, Inc. is searching for a dependable, qualified Maintenance Technician for our 110,000 square foot facility in Colorado Springs. We are searching for a candidate experienced in machine maintenance- with a knowledge of Fanuc and machine tramming. Electrical knowledge and good mechanical skills are critical in this position. Qualified individuals will have the following experience:
- Design and oversee construction of machining fixtures
- Specify or design tooling and fixturing as required
- Design and oversee construction of special use machines
- Confer with Production to solve manufacturing problems and improve processes
- Interface with management in evaluation of new and used machine tools
- Confer with management to implement new processes and/or machinery
- Maintain plant and machinery for maximum production capability
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and Engineering drawings
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals
Quality Assurance Manager - Westminster, CO
As Quality Assurance Manager for Springs Fabrication - Advanced Technology Group you will utilize your expertise of NQA-1 and strong quality background in a manufacturing environment to impact our quality metrics and implement continuous improvement. This is your opportunity to experience maximum exposure by working with individuals from the manufacturing floor all the way up to the executive management team. If you have the desire to actively contribute to our improved quality while working in an environment with the continuous implementation of lean manufacturing methodology, then come be instrumental to our company where your input will resonate throughout the organization.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for effective management of department personnel as well as establishing, maintaining and ensuring the overall effective implementation of the company`s nuclear Quality Assurance Program. This includes:
Making sound decisions based on an understanding of both quality requirements/objectives and operations goals/needs
Communicating and interacting effectively with personnel at all levels on a daily basis
Creating a collaborative relationship with other functional groups to drive efficiencies in project development and execution
Resolving conflicts and managing difficult, complex or time-sensitive situations
Setting priorities and coordinating the work of others when there are competing needs
A positive attitude and comfort with regular changes, and adapting to changing customer demands
This position entails review, understanding and application of codes, standards, specifications, procedures and other documentation which defines quality requirements. The QA Manager should have strong familiarity and understanding of all elements of a nuclear quality assurance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, define and implement quality assurance policies, procedures, systems and programs to efficiently and effectively support quoting, design and manufacturing activities
- Manage the Quality Department at the Westminster location in accordance with the company`s policies and applicable laws
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing quality procedures, systems and programs and make necessary modifications to eliminate waste and redundancies, and to drive efficiencies
- Identify the need for corrective action and plan, execute, and/or ensure corrective actions and nonconformance are resolved effectively
- Evaluate contracts, bids, and proposals to ensure QA Program compliance
- Estimate, budget, and plan for quality activities by project
- Evaluate the use and quality assurance capabilities of suppliers
- Review procurement documentation and establish quality flow-down requirements
- Ensure that all project quality documentation requirements are met
- Coordinate, conduct and/or participate in internal, external and customer audits
- Plan and accomplish Quality Department goals, including growth and development of personnel
- Plan, complete, and maintain personnel qualification/certification requirements
- Define and maintain company-wide personnel training requirements, including conduct training sessions and administer examinations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor`s Degree or higher level of education in Science, Engineering or Quality
- 7+ years nuclear power, DOE or nuclear manufacturing experience
- 10+ years quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years being in nuclear, power, DOE or nuclear manufacturing
- 3+ years experience with technical or complex programs in the areas of document control or configuration management
Mechanical Design Engineer II - Westminster, CO
Springs Fabrication - Advanced Technology Group (ATG) is seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to provide specialized engineering functions that serves a wide range of markets. We need a candidate that is up to the challenge of utilizing their strong design skills, creativity and resourcefulness in a rapidly changing industry where standards are high, the pace is fast and manufacturing excellence is our top priority. Do you fit the bill? Take this elite opportunity to work in an exciting environment and grow your career!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates or interprets specs, data sheets, P&ID`s and schematics
- Works with project teams, operations and customers to ensure the products conform to customer requirements and meet the customer`s needs and are manufacturable
- Develops 3D models for assigned projects and creates the required manufacturing detail drawings
- Prepares calculations to verify a design against design requirements
- Keeps abreast of current design practices and procedures
- Produces detailed technical submittal documents in support of assigned projects
- Leads technical reviews and project status meetings
- Plans design activities related to a job, including setting schedule milestones, review points and deadlines
- Develops and writes project-related conformance documentation - testing, review points and deadlines
- Performs or oversees factory and site acceptance testing, including traveling to customer facilities
- Prepares project related documentation - travelers, weld maps, work instructions, etc.
- Assists and writes deviation requests and non-conformance reports
- Specifies and quotes complex or non-stock items
- Assists in engineering overhead activities - CAD administration, engineering procedure development, etc.
- Supports production staff in fabrication of items
- Other duties as assigned
- At times, will be required to lead or direct teams of engineers in design, planning, and execution of multiple projects.
- Bachelor`s degree in Mechanical Engineering and t least 15 years of related experience
- Exceptionally strong mechanical design, analysis and detailing skills in 3D CAD software (preferably Solidworks)
- Applicable experience designing machinery, isolators or other Stainless Steel nuclear equipment with demonstrated experience on design for manufacturability & design for assembly
- Strong organizational and planing skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and improve design program systems
Operations Manager - Westminster, CO
For the innovative, process-oriented manufacturing professional, this Operations Manager position is your next step toward bigger and better things. We are a manufacturer of high-end, specialty engineered metal products and our facility needs a production leader with the ability to meet shipping objectives, ensure the delivery of world-class customer service, manage all production facilities and help implement the Lean Manufacturing principles throughout the organization. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who not only knows how to quickly assess process improvement needs, but has the desire and follow-through to see that things get done the right way.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all production, procurement, and manufacturing engineering functions, including fabrication, machining, processing, finishing, assembly and shipping/receiving.
- Develop and direct manufacturing team, directly and through lead personnel, in day to day activities to hit project timelines, cost, and quality targets. Drive planning and accountability. Work closely with project managers to clearly communicate delays to schedule and develop recovery plans.
- Develop and execute plans to efficiently utilize staffing, materials, and equipment to support current and future business.
- Develop operational budgets and metrics and provide plans and periodic status to plans.
- Provide feedback to project managers and engineers through formal and informal design and manufacturability reviews.
- Emphasize and maintain a â€œsafety firstâ€ work environment. Implement and sustain policies and tools related to safety.
- Implement and utilize Lean Manufacturing Tools and concepts to improve consistency, reduce cycle time, and eliminate waste.
- Foster a continuous improvement culture. You will use your can-do attitude to challenge, enable, and empower employees to develop and implement changes to eliminate waste and improve on time delivery, cost, quality, and safety.
- Work directly with other departments in a constructive and cooperative manner in reviewing project estimates, plans, engineering drawings, and build specifications to reduce to a manufacturing plan.
- Ensure procedural and quality requirements are being met during manufacture of product, including compliance to requirements in an NQA-1 Quality system.
- Ensure adequate training is provided to employees and ensure discipline certifications/qualifications are maintained.
- Evaluate and document the performance of direct reports. Complete and deliver annual performance appraisals.
- Other duties as requested
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, or other technical degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean methodology and Continuous Improvement concepts and tools.
- 5 years experience in a project based fabrication environment with proven ability to read detail drawings, build specifications, and quality requirements and translate into manufacturing plans.
- Experience with fabrication processes and equipment, including lifting/rigging large equipment, TIG welding, machining, cutting, forming, and processing. Stainless steel fabrication experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- This position requires an ongoing commitment to improving management skills through internal or external training of at least 20 hours of classes or seminars annually.