CNC Machinist III - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is looking for a highly skilled individual to add to our Colorado Springs team! Both 1st and 2nd shift positions are available!
CRITICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Ability to do Prototype machining, R&D, and reverse engineering
- Experience with manual machines, CNC machines, conversational programming and CNC coding
- Must have a positive attitude, be a team player and be project oriented
- Must be self-sufficient and be a leader/mentor to others
- THESE QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST HAVE THE BASIC FUNDAMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ASSOCIATED WITH MACHINING AND POSSES THE ABILITY TO GENERATE, READ AND INTERPRET DRAWINGS.
- Must fully understand the process of machining.
- Prior work history or knowledge of machining and programming g-code is crucial to this position.
- Must be familiar with fanuc base machines.
- Able to read and understand complex machining blueprints.
- Able to write simple machining programs on several different controllers.
- Sets-up and runs complex machining operations on the Haas Lathe, Feeler, G&L, Femco Vertical Mills and Femco HBC.
- Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions, adjust machine controls and offsets with minimal or no supervision.
- Periodically inspects parts during run and after completion to ensure parts are accurate.
- Processes all paperwork according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe working area.
- Monitors job costing to ensure that the machining stays within acceptable limits to the estimate.
Welder III - Westminster, CO
Springs ATG in Westminster, CO is seeking skilled TIG welders, level II and III, experienced in sanitary welding processes
- Must be experienced in sanitary welding, with GTAW/GMAW
- Experienced with welding stainless steel, aluminum and carbon steel
- Fundamental understanding of various weld processes (GTAW/GMAW) and welding machinery
- Capable of reading basic blueprints and weld symbols
- Fundamental to advanced understanding of GD&T
- Ability to operate hand tools, grinders, etc
- Ability to operate and/or willingness to learn operation of basic shop machinery (band saw, shear, drill press, plasma cutter, etc.)
- Fundamental to advanced understanding of polishing and surface finishes
- Ability to work in a custom manufacturing team environment
- Capable of completing weldments with consideration of tolerances, shrinkage and warpage
- Ability to operate and/or willingness to learn operation of forklifts and cranes
- Own set of basic handtools (tape measure, square, wrenched, drivers, etc.)
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Must be able to pass a GTAW 6G sst pipe test (xray) , as well as written Shop Math and Weld Symbology tests
Polisher II - Westminster, CO
Advanced Technology Group, a division of Springs Fabrication, is searching for experienced, self-motivated Polisher. In this role you will finish custom engineered metal products to the surface finish required by our customers. You will work with a team of talented fabricators where collaboration and communication is key to completing projects on time and to customer specifications. You will train others in polishing and finishing processes.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and understand fabrication drawings.
- Determine required surface finish and locations on metal parts, assemblies, or weldments.
- Use grinders, buff wheels, stroke sanders, and other tools, to grind and polish to required surface finish.
- Processes required paperwork according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe working area.
- Support training of personnel in established polishing and finishing processes.
- All other duties as assigned by shop supervision. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of metal finishing experience and knowledge of sanitary surface finishes (grinding, graining, brushing, random orbital) on stainless steel equipment for the pharmaceutical, food-grade or nuclear industries.
- Ability read fabrication drawings to determine required surface finish and other specifications.
- Experience with grinders, buff wheels, stroke sanders, and other hand tools used to modify surface finish of stainless steel, steel, and aluminum products.
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment to measure dimensions and surface finishes.
Quality Assurance Manager - Westminster, CO
As Quality Assurance Manager for Springs Fabrication - Advanced Technology Group you will utilize your expertise of NQA-1 and strong quality background in a manufacturing environment to impact our quality metrics and implement continuous improvement. This is your opportunity to experience maximum exposure by working with individuals from the manufacturing floor all the way up to the executive management team. If you have the desire to actively contribute to our improved quality while working in an environment with the continuous implementation of lean manufacturing methodology, then come be instrumental to our company where your input will resonate throughout the organization.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for effective management of department personnel as well as establishing, maintaining and ensuring the overall effective implementation of the company`s nuclear Quality Assurance Program. This includes:
- Making sound decisions based on an understanding of both quality requirements/objectives and operations goals/needs
- Communicating and interacting effectively with personnel at all levels on a daily basis
- Creating a collaborative relationship with other functional groups to drive efficiencies in project development and execution
- Resolving conflicts and managing difficult, complex or time-sensitive situations
- Setting priorities and coordinating the work of others when there are competing needs
- A positive attitude and comfort with regular changes, and adapting to changing customer demands
This position entails review, understanding and application of codes, standards, specifications, procedures and other documentation which defines quality requirements. The QA Manager should have strong familiarity and understanding of all elements of a nuclear quality assurance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, define and implement quality assurance policies, procedures, systems and programs to efficiently and effectively support quoting, design and manufacturing activities
- Manage the Quality Department at the Westminster location in accordance with the company`s policies and applicable laws
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing quality procedures, systems and programs and make necessary modifications to eliminate waste and redundancies, and to drive efficiencies
- Identify the need for corrective action and plan, execute, and/or ensure corrective actions and nonconformance are resolved effectively
- Evaluate contracts, bids, and proposals to ensure QA Program compliance
- Estimate, budget, and plan for quality activities by project
- Evaluate the use and quality assurance capabilities of suppliers
- Review procurement documentation and establish quality flow-down requirements
- Ensure that all project quality documentation requirements are met
- Coordinate, conduct and/or participate in internal, external and customer audits
- Plan and accomplish Quality Department goals, including growth and development of personnel
- Plan, complete, and maintain personnel qualification/certification requirements
- Define and maintain company-wide personnel training requirements, including conduct training sessions and administer examinations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor`s Degree or higher level of education in Science, Engineering or Quality
- 7+ years nuclear power, DOE or nuclear manufacturing experience
- 10+ years quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years being in nuclear, power, DOE or nuclear manufacturing
- 3+ years experience with technical or complex programs in the areas of document control or configuration management
Quality Inspector/CWI II - Colorado Springs
Springs Fabrication is currently seeking a QA Inspector II to add to 2nd shift our Quality team. This self-motivated individual will test and inspect products at various stages of the production process that are machined and/or fabricated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
· A basic understanding of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred. If not, must be able to grasp the concepts of GD&T and apply those concepts after training.
· Inspects materials received, work in process and finished products using conventional inspection instruments to ensure conformance with work orders, blueprints and engineering drawings.
· Responsible for all inspection documentation.
· Must maintain inspection process and documentation in compliance with ISO 9000 standards.
· Evaluates data and documents inspection results to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
· Performs visual inspection of welds on fabricated product under direct supervision of CWI.
· Performs nondestructive tests, under supervision, on materials, parts, or products to measure material characteristics.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. 5+ years’ experience with metal fabrication and/or machining and 2+ months experience with mechanical inspection or equivalent experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
CWI or VT level II
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to utilize handheld measurement tools, i.e. calipers, micrometers, bore gages, steel rule, tape measure, etc. Must be proficient in blueprint reading: fabrication, machined, sheet metal, and pipe. Must be familiar with quality documentation, AWS and ASME standards. Must be familiar in the basics of using computers.