CNC Machinist III - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is looking for a highly skilled individual to add to our Colorado Springs team! Both 1st and 2nd shift positions are available!
CRITICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Ability to do Prototype machining, R&D, and reverse engineering
- Experience with manual machines, CNC machines, conversational programming and CNC coding
- Must have a positive attitude, be a team player and be project oriented
- Must be self-sufficient and be a leader/mentor to others
- THESE QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST HAVE THE BASIC FUNDAMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ASSOCIATED WITH MACHINING AND POSSES THE ABILITY TO GENERATE, READ AND INTERPRET DRAWINGS.
- Must fully understand the process of machining.
- Prior work history or knowledge of machining and programming g-code is crucial to this position.
- Must be familiar with fanuc base machines.
- Able to read and understand complex machining blueprints.
- Able to write simple machining programs on several different controllers.
- Sets-up and runs complex machining operations on the Haas Lathe, Feeler, G&L, Femco Vertical Mills and Femco HBC.
- Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions, adjust machine controls and offsets with minimal or no supervision.
- Periodically inspects parts during run and after completion to ensure parts are accurate.
- Processes all paperwork according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe working area.
- Monitors job costing to ensure that the machining stays within acceptable limits to the estimate.
Welder III / Fabricator III - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is currently looking for expert Welder/Fabricators for our Colorado Springs location.Must meet the following requirements:
- Capable of 6G certification in GMAW/FCAW and/or GTAW processes. SAW is a plus
- Capable of reading complex drawings, including weld symbols
- 3 or more years of code welding experience
- Pipe welding experience up to 20â€ piping and/or large structural weldments required
- Experience demonstrating X-Ray quality welds and capable of fitting up complex weldments with consideration for tolerance, shrinkage, and heat induced warpage
- Robotic welding experience a plus
- Experience with various metals, including carbon steel, stainless steel, and nickel alloys
Welders will be required to take the following tests: Shop Math Test, Weld Symbology Test, as well the following weld test:
- 2-3/4" OD Pipe Test (0.625" thick); Single V Groove Weld test; Single position in 6G with GMAW Downhill and FCAW Uphill
Industrial Painter - Colorado Springs, CO
We are seeking a skilled individual to apply a wide range of industrial liquid coatings to manufactured products in accordance to the specification of the OEM and Customer. The coatings may include one-, two- and three-coat procedures. The position requires a thorough knowledge of surface preparation to ensure proper coating adhesion. All candidates must be open to 2nd shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Applying a wide range of industrial coatings to fabricated metal products.
- Familiar with the use of instrumentation to measure painting parameters to ensure compliance to OEM specifications.
- Certified to apply industrial coatings in confined spaces.
- Certified to properly rig large objects for the purpose of moving them in the process of applying the industrial coatings.
- Recommend tools and equipment to improve the operation of the department.
- Practice good safety habits and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Follow all OSHA and HazMat Procedures applicable to the storage and handling of materials in the area.
- Report malfunctions of equipment or processing to supervisor.
Machinist III - Westminster, CO
Springs ATG is seeking a skilled Machinist to join our Westminster, CO team!
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform complex set-ups and operate CNC lathes, mills and manual machinery
- Ability to read tooling lists, blueprints and manufacturing diagrams
- Must be able to start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions, adjust machine controls and offsets with little or no supervision
- Experience with large-scale machines required
- Must be a self-starter and good at problem solving
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Programming experience is a plus
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum of years of related machine shop experience and/or training or equivalent.
SKILLS and ABILITIES :
- Ability to perform advanced and complex machine set-ups and read tooling lists, blueprints and manufacturing diagrams.
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment to measure dimensions and tolerances.
Welder III - Westminster, CO
Springs ATG in Westminster, CO is seeking skilled TIG welders, level II and III, experienced in sanitary welding processes
- Must be experienced in sanitary welding, with GTAW/GMAW
- Experienced with welding stainless steel, aluminum and carbon steel
- Fundamental understanding of various weld processes (GTAW/GMAW) and welding machinery
- Capable of reading basic blueprints and weld symbols
- Fundamental to advanced understanding of GD&T
- Ability to operate hand tools, grinders, etc
- Ability to operate and/or willingness to learn operation of basic shop machinery (band saw, shear, drill press, plasma cutter, etc.)
- Fundamental to advanced understanding of polishing and surface finishes
- Ability to work in a custom manufacturing team environment
- Capable of completing weldments with consideration of tolerances, shrinkage and warpage
- Ability to operate and/or willingness to learn operation of forklifts and cranes
- Own set of basic handtools (tape measure, square, wrenched, drivers, etc.)
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Must be able to pass a GTAW 6G sst pipe test (xray) , as well as written Shop Math and Weld Symbology tests
Polisher II - Westminster, CO
Advanced Technology Group, a division of Springs Fabrication, is searching for experienced, self-motivated Polisher. In this role you will finish custom engineered metal products to the surface finish required by our customers. You will work with a team of talented fabricators where collaboration and communication is key to completing projects on time and to customer specifications. You will train others in polishing and finishing processes.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and understand fabrication drawings.
- Determine required surface finish and locations on metal parts, assemblies, or weldments.
- Use grinders, buff wheels, stroke sanders, and other tools, to grind and polish to required surface finish.
- Processes required paperwork according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe working area.
- Support training of personnel in established polishing and finishing processes.
- All other duties as assigned by shop supervision. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of metal finishing experience and knowledge of sanitary surface finishes (grinding, graining, brushing, random orbital) on stainless steel equipment for the pharmaceutical, food-grade or nuclear industries.
- Ability read fabrication drawings to determine required surface finish and other specifications.
- Experience with grinders, buff wheels, stroke sanders, and other hand tools used to modify surface finish of stainless steel, steel, and aluminum products.
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment to measure dimensions and surface finishes.
Quality Assurance Manager - Westminster, CO
As Quality Assurance Manager for Springs Fabrication - Advanced Technology Group you will utilize your expertise of NQA-1 and strong quality background in a manufacturing environment to impact our quality metrics and implement continuous improvement. This is your opportunity to experience maximum exposure by working with individuals from the manufacturing floor all the way up to the executive management team. If you have the desire to actively contribute to our improved quality while working in an environment with the continuous implementation of lean manufacturing methodology, then come be instrumental to our company where your input will resonate throughout the organization.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for effective management of department personnel as well as establishing, maintaining and ensuring the overall effective implementation of the company`s nuclear Quality Assurance Program. This includes:
- Making sound decisions based on an understanding of both quality requirements/objectives and operations goals/needs
- Communicating and interacting effectively with personnel at all levels on a daily basis
- Creating a collaborative relationship with other functional groups to drive efficiencies in project development and execution
- Resolving conflicts and managing difficult, complex or time-sensitive situations
- Setting priorities and coordinating the work of others when there are competing needs
- A positive attitude and comfort with regular changes, and adapting to changing customer demands
This position entails review, understanding and application of codes, standards, specifications, procedures and other documentation which defines quality requirements. The QA Manager should have strong familiarity and understanding of all elements of a nuclear quality assurance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, define and implement quality assurance policies, procedures, systems and programs to efficiently and effectively support quoting, design and manufacturing activities
- Manage the Quality Department at the Westminster location in accordance with the company`s policies and applicable laws
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing quality procedures, systems and programs and make necessary modifications to eliminate waste and redundancies, and to drive efficiencies
- Identify the need for corrective action and plan, execute, and/or ensure corrective actions and nonconformance are resolved effectively
- Evaluate contracts, bids, and proposals to ensure QA Program compliance
- Estimate, budget, and plan for quality activities by project
- Evaluate the use and quality assurance capabilities of suppliers
- Review procurement documentation and establish quality flow-down requirements
- Ensure that all project quality documentation requirements are met
- Coordinate, conduct and/or participate in internal, external and customer audits
- Plan and accomplish Quality Department goals, including growth and development of personnel
- Plan, complete, and maintain personnel qualification/certification requirements
- Define and maintain company-wide personnel training requirements, including conduct training sessions and administer examinations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor`s Degree or higher level of education in Science, Engineering or Quality
- 7+ years nuclear power, DOE or nuclear manufacturing experience
- 10+ years quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years being in nuclear, power, DOE or nuclear manufacturing
- 3+ years experience with technical or complex programs in the areas of document control or configuration management
Quality Inspector II - Colorado Springs
Springs Fabrication is currently seeking a QA Inspector II to add to our Quality team. This self-motivated individual will test and inspect products at various stages of the production process that are machined and/or fabricated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
· A basic understanding of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred. If not, must be able to grasp the concepts of GD&T and apply those concepts after training.
· Inspects materials received, work in process and finished products using conventional inspection instruments to ensure conformance with work orders, blueprints and engineering drawings.
· Responsible for all inspection documentation.
· Must maintain inspection process and documentation in compliance with ISO 9000 standards.
· Evaluates data and documents inspection results to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
· Performs visual inspection of welds on fabricated product under direct supervision of CWI.
· Performs nondestructive tests, under supervision, on materials, parts, or products to measure material characteristics.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. 5+ years’ experience with metal fabrication and/or machining and 2+ months experience with mechanical inspection or equivalent experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
ASQ Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) desirable. Pay differential for PT, MT, UT, and/or CWI.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to utilize handheld measurement tools, i.e. calipers, micrometers, bore gages, steel rule, tape measure, etc. Must be proficient in blueprint reading: fabrication, machined, sheet metal, and pipe. Must be familiar with quality documentation, AWS and ASME standards. Must be familiar in the basics of using computers.
Electrical Engineer - Westminster, CO
Springs ATG is seeking a skilled Electrical Engineer II to add to our team! This qualified individual will perform detailed electrical designs and calculations, and physically assembles or over sees assembly activities related to projects. Also perform project engineering activities related to planning, directing, and testing products and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates or Interprets specifications, data sheets, P&ID’s and schematics
- Works with project teams and customers to ensure the products conform to customer requirements and meet the customer’s needs
- Develops the required drawings, calculations, and assembly instructions for electrical assembly
- Assembles and/or coordinates assembly for electrical components, including wiring and connecting
- Keeps abreast of current design practices and procedures
- Produces detailed technical submittal documents in support of assigned projects
- Participates in technical reviews and project status meetings as the electrical technical lead
- Plans electrical design activities related to a job, including setting schedule milestones, review points, and deadlines
- Develops and writes project-related conformance documentation – testing, manuals, plans, etc.
- Performs factory and site acceptance testing, including traveling to customer facilities
- Assists and writes deviation requests and non-conformance reports
- Specifies and quotes complex or non-stock items
- Assists in engineering overhead activities – CAD administration, engineering procedure development, etc.
- Supports production staff in the fabrication of items
- Coordinates with vendors to select the most cost-effective and available components
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering from a four-year college or university and at least 5 year related experience; or an Associate’s degree (A.S.) from an accredited college or university and at least 10 years related experience, preferably in a field that offers as opportunity to gain a well-rounded background in the core electrical engineering and design concepts. Familiarity or experience with Nuclear Quality Assurance (NQA-1) standard strongly desired. Strong manufacturing background required. Working knowledge and experience with UL-508A required. Experience with PLC selection/programming preferred.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Possess the ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings and process and instrumentation diagrams. Has In-depth knowledge of diversified, fundamental scientific electrical design components, connections, and installation. One must possess strong computer knowledge and be familiar with standard desktop software in addition to Solidworks Electrical or AutoCAD or other 2D drafting software.