CNC Machinist III - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is looking for a highly skilled individual to add to our Colorado Springs team! Both 1st and 2nd shift positions are available!
CRITICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Ability to do Prototype machining, R&D, and reverse engineering
- Experience with manual machines, CNC machines, conversational programming and CNC coding
- Must have a positive attitude, be a team player and be project oriented
- Must be self-sufficient and be a leader/mentor to others
- THESE QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST HAVE THE BASIC FUNDAMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ASSOCIATED WITH MACHINING AND POSSES THE ABILITY TO GENERATE, READ AND INTERPRET DRAWINGS.
- Must fully understand the process of machining.
- Prior work history or knowledge of machining and programming g-code is crucial to this position.
- Must be familiar with fanuc base machines.
- Able to read and understand complex machining blueprints.
- Able to write simple machining programs on several different controllers.
- Sets-up and runs complex machining operations on the Haas Lathe, Feeler, G&L, Femco Vertical Mills and Femco HBC.
- Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions, adjust machine controls and offsets with minimal or no supervision.
- Periodically inspects parts during run and after completion to ensure parts are accurate.
- Processes all paperwork according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe working area.
- Monitors job costing to ensure that the machining stays within acceptable limits to the estimate.
Welder III / Fabricator III - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is currently looking for expert Welder/Fabricators for our Colorado Springs location.Must meet the following requirements:
- Capable of 6G certification in GMAW/FCAW and/or GTAW processes. SAW is a plus
- Capable of reading complex drawings, including weld symbols
- 3 or more years of code welding experience
- Pipe welding experience up to 20â€ piping and/or large structural weldments required
- Experience demonstrating X-Ray quality welds and capable of fitting up complex weldments with consideration for tolerance, shrinkage, and heat induced warpage
- Robotic welding experience a plus
- Experience with various metals, including carbon steel, stainless steel, and nickel alloys
Welders will be required to take the following tests: Shop Math Test, Weld Symbology Test, as well the following weld test:
- 2-3/4" OD Pipe Test (0.625" thick); Single V Groove Weld test; Single position in 6G with GMAW Downhill and FCAW Uphill
Estimator - Westminster, CO
Advanced Technology Group is searching for an experienced Estimator to study customer requirements relating to the commercial and technical aspects of all RFPâ€™s. This qualified individual will be responsible for estimating all labor, material, quality and shipping costs pertaining to an RFP/RFQ that ATG receives and will respond accordingly with a formal proposal that meets technical, commercial, and profitability requirements.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and interpret technical specifications and customer RFP and Scope of Work (SOW) requirements.
- Utilize Microsoft Office software for estimating such as Excel and/or Word.
- Clearly and accurately interpret descriptions of processes and intentions in in order to build an accurate and competitive estimate.
- Read and interpret sketches and blueprints including weld symbols, GD&T and drawing material specifications.
- Experience with welding, machining and complex assembly operations.
- Can build a sequence of processes needed to fabricate systems.
- Communication with customers and suppliers both internal and external to our company.
- Work with ATG material and component suppliers to negotiate and obtain an accurate materials cost estimate.
- Work with Manufacturing, Engineering and Sr. Management personnel to obtain labor estimates.
- Assist in developing partnerships with key customers and suppliers.
- Represent Advanced Technology Group in a professional, courteous manner.
- Explain and justify estimates during group reviews.
- Document and categorize risks appropriately as they come up during the estimation process. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor`s degree (B. A.) or equivalent preferred; plus a minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training in these markets; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in building estimates for complex fabrication for Nuclear applications, for DoE directly or Tier 1 suppliers is preferred.
- Understanding of custom manufacturing is required.
- Must be well-rounded individual, who can communicate well with all levels of the organization.
- Posses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must have a high attention to detail and be thorough.
- Must have experience and a strong knowledge in MS Office and Adobe Pro software.
Welder III - Westminster, CO
Springs ATG in Westminster, CO is seeking skilled TIG welders, level II and III, experienced in sanitary welding processes
- Must be experienced in sanitary welding, with GTAW/GMAW
- Experienced with welding stainless steel, aluminum and carbon steel
- Fundamental understanding of various weld processes (GTAW/GMAW) and welding machinery
- Capable of reading basic blueprints and weld symbols
- Fundamental to advanced understanding of GD&T
- Ability to operate hand tools, grinders, etc
- Ability to operate and/or willingness to learn operation of basic shop machinery (band saw, shear, drill press, plasma cutter, etc.)
- Fundamental to advanced understanding of polishing and surface finishes
- Ability to work in a custom manufacturing team environment
- Capable of completing weldments with consideration of tolerances, shrinkage and warpage
- Ability to operate and/or willingness to learn operation of forklifts and cranes
- Own set of basic handtools (tape measure, square, wrenched, drivers, etc.)
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Must be able to pass a GTAW 6G sst pipe test (xray) , as well as written Shop Math and Weld Symbology tests
Quality Inspector - Westminster, CO
Springs ATG (Advanced Technology Group), is adding a Quality Inspector to our growing Quality team in Westminster, CO. This qualified individual will perform quality inspection activities to determine product compliance with defined quality requirements, including analysis and interpretation of results.
Quality inspection includes, but is not limited to:
- Dimensional Inspection, including GD&T
- Visual Weld Inspection
- Surface Finish Inspection
- Receiving Inspection
- Material Identification & Traceability
- Document Verification
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and document quality inspection activities
- Provide guidance to others in the performance of quality inspection activities
- Provide guidance and/or participate in the fabrication and assembly of products to ensure quality requirements can be satisfied
- Prepare and complete quality and manufacturing related documentation
- Ensure material identification and traceability is maintained, including tagging of items and segregating nonconforming items
- Assist customer representatives to complete quality inspection activities as needed
- Participate in the resolution of product non conformance
- Work with other departments in the proper planning, performance, and documentation of inspections
- Assist in developing, modifying, and assessing the effectiveness of inspection procedures
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years product/process inspection and testing related experience
- 4+ years of experience in metal fabrication, i.e. welding, engineering, inspection, or machining
- PT certification is required
- Ability to use a wide variety of measuring and test equipment
- Experience or working knowledge of CMM equipment is preferable
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience with welding and weld documentation
- Strong mathematical knowledge and understanding
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Current certification as a Weld Inspector (CWI) from the American Welding Society is preferred
Quality Inspector II - Colorado Springs
Springs Fabrication is currently seeking a 2nd shift QA Inspector II to add to our Quality team. This self-motivated individual will test and inspect products at various stages of the production process that are machined and/or fabricated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
· A basic understanding of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred. If not, must be able to grasp the concepts of GD&T and apply those concepts after training.
· Inspects materials received, work in process and finished products using conventional inspection instruments to ensure conformance with work orders, blueprints and engineering drawings.
· Responsible for all inspection documentation.
· Must maintain inspection process and documentation in compliance with ISO 9000 standards.
· Evaluates data and documents inspection results to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
· Performs visual inspection of welds on fabricated product under direct supervision of CWI.
· Performs nondestructive tests, under supervision, on materials, parts, or products to measure material characteristics.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. 5+ years’ experience with metal fabrication and/or machining and 2+ months experience with mechanical inspection or equivalent experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
ASQ Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) desirable. Pay differential for PT, MT, UT, and/or CWI.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to utilize handheld measurement tools, i.e. calipers, micrometers, bore gages, steel rule, tape measure, etc. Must be proficient in blueprint reading: fabrication, machined, sheet metal, and pipe. Must be familiar with quality documentation, AWS and ASME standards. Must be familiar in the basics of using computers.