CNC Machinist III - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is looking for a highly skilled individual to add to our Colorado Springs team! Both 1st and 2nd shift positions are available!
CRITICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Ability to do Prototype machining, R&D, and reverse engineering
- Experience with manual machines, CNC machines, conversational programming and CNC coding
- Must have a positive attitude, be a team player and be project oriented
- Must be self-sufficient and be a leader/mentor to others
- THESE QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST HAVE THE BASIC FUNDAMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ASSOCIATED WITH MACHINING AND POSSES THE ABILITY TO GENERATE, READ AND INTERPRET DRAWINGS.
- Must fully understand the process of machining.
- Prior work history or knowledge of machining and programming g-code is crucial to this position.
- Must be familiar with fanuc base machines.
- Able to read and understand complex machining blueprints.
- Able to write simple machining programs on several different controllers.
- Sets-up and runs complex machining operations on the Haas Lathe, Feeler, G&L, Femco Vertical Mills and Femco HBC.
- Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions, adjust machine controls and offsets with minimal or no supervision.
- Periodically inspects parts during run and after completion to ensure parts are accurate.
- Processes all paperwork according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe working area.
- Monitors job costing to ensure that the machining stays within acceptable limits to the estimate.
Welder III / Fabricator III - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is currently looking for expert Welder/Fabricators for our Colorado Springs location.Must meet the following requirements:
- Capable of 6G certification in GMAW/FCAW and/or GTAW processes. SAW is a plus
- Capable of reading complex drawings, including weld symbols
- 3 or more years of code welding experience
- Pipe welding experience up to 20â€ piping and/or large structural weldments required
- Experience demonstrating X-Ray quality welds and capable of fitting up complex weldments with consideration for tolerance, shrinkage, and heat induced warpage
- Robotic welding experience a plus
- Experience with various metals, including carbon steel, stainless steel, and nickel alloys
Welders will be required to take the following tests: Shop Math Test, Weld Symbology Test, as well the following weld test:
- 2-3/4" OD Pipe Test (0.625" thick); Single V Groove Weld test; Single position in 6G with GMAW Downhill and FCAW Uphill
Maintenance Technician - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication, Inc. is searching for a dependable, qualified Maintenance Technician for our 110,000 square foot facility in Colorado Springs. We are searching for a candidate experienced in machine maintenance- with a knowledge of Fanuc and machine tramming. Electrical knowledge and good mechanical skills are critical in this position. Qualified individuals will have the following experience:
- Design and oversee construction of machining fixtures
- Specify or design tooling and fixturing as required
- Design and oversee construction of special use machines
- Confer with Production to solve manufacturing problems and improve processes
- Interface with management in evaluation of new and used machine tools
- Confer with management to implement new processes and/or machinery
- Maintain plant and machinery for maximum production capability
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and Engineering drawings
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals
Quality Assurance Manager - Westminster, CO
As Quality Assurance Manager for Springs Fabrication - Advanced Technology Group you will utilize your expertise of NQA-1 and strong quality background in a manufacturing environment to impact our quality metrics and implement continuous improvement. This is your opportunity to experience maximum exposure by working with individuals from the manufacturing floor all the way up to the executive management team. If you have the desire to actively contribute to our improved quality while working in an environment with the continuous implementation of lean manufacturing methodology, then come be instrumental to our company where your input will resonate throughout the organization.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for effective management of department personnel as well as establishing, maintaining and ensuring the overall effective implementation of the company`s nuclear Quality Assurance Program. This includes:
- Making sound decisions based on an understanding of both quality requirements/objectives and operations goals/needs
- Communicating and interacting effectively with personnel at all levels on a daily basis
- Creating a collaborative relationship with other functional groups to drive efficiencies in project development and execution
- Resolving conflicts and managing difficult, complex or time-sensitive situations
- Setting priorities and coordinating the work of others when there are competing needs
- A positive attitude and comfort with regular changes, and adapting to changing customer demands
This position entails review, understanding and application of codes, standards, specifications, procedures and other documentation which defines quality requirements. The QA Manager should have strong familiarity and understanding of all elements of a nuclear quality assurance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, define and implement quality assurance policies, procedures, systems and programs to efficiently and effectively support quoting, design and manufacturing activities
- Manage the Quality Department at the Westminster location in accordance with the company`s policies and applicable laws
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing quality procedures, systems and programs and make necessary modifications to eliminate waste and redundancies, and to drive efficiencies
- Identify the need for corrective action and plan, execute, and/or ensure corrective actions and nonconformance are resolved effectively
- Evaluate contracts, bids, and proposals to ensure QA Program compliance
- Estimate, budget, and plan for quality activities by project
- Evaluate the use and quality assurance capabilities of suppliers
- Review procurement documentation and establish quality flow-down requirements
- Ensure that all project quality documentation requirements are met
- Coordinate, conduct and/or participate in internal, external and customer audits
- Plan and accomplish Quality Department goals, including growth and development of personnel
- Plan, complete, and maintain personnel qualification/certification requirements
- Define and maintain company-wide personnel training requirements, including conduct training sessions and administer examinations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor`s Degree or higher level of education in Science, Engineering or Quality
- 7+ years nuclear power, DOE or nuclear manufacturing experience
- 10+ years quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years being in nuclear, power, DOE or nuclear manufacturing
- 3+ years experience with technical or complex programs in the areas of document control or configuration management
Mechanical Design Engineer - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is seeking a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer to add to our Engineering team! This qualified professional will perform routine design and drafting functions to develop basic to complex fabrication projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carry out detailed mechanical design work to produce detailed drawing per company standards including 3D modelling, using Creo Parametric, Solid Works and AutoCAD including detailed drawings and bill of materials for equipment, sub-assemblies, parts, machine tooling and fixture design.
- Perform tolerance stack analysis, fit check analysis, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5, and ability to generate detailed 2D part and assembly drawings for manufacturing. Evaluate and apply concepts to precision mechanical designs. its effects on the manufacturability and inspection of the parts.
- Create and modify assembly drawings, schematics, vendor item control drawings, connection diagrams and bills of materials for complex electro-mechanical equipment.
- Apply mechanical aptitude to machining streamlined mechanical designs that employ Design for Manufacturing (DFM) principles.
- Define piping and valve specifications on the Process & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID).
- Perform engineering computations and analyses related to machine design, strengths of materials, hydraulic circuits, dynamics, heat transfer, power, etc.
- Work closely with machine operators, fabrication personnel, project managers and other machine programmers to ensure that programs are made to run as smooth and efficiently as possible.
- Interpret customer specification, codes and calculations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree (BS) or equivalent; and a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer in a field that applied a wide range of the core engineering concepts. Design experience with e piping and structural skids a plus.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
The ability to generate, read and interpret drawings. One must have the fundamental knowledge and skills associated with drafting /detailing including third-angle projection, section views, auxiliary views, general dimensioning and notation. General knowledge of fabrication processes and welding is desired. One must possess strong computer knowledge and be familiar with standard desktop software in addition to Creo/Pro-E Parametric, Solid Works and AutoCAD drafting/modeling software.
Possess the ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings, process and instrumentation diagrams and schematics.
Electrical Engineer - Westminster, CO
Springs ATG is seeking a skilled Electrical Engineer II to add to our team! This qualified individual will perform detailed electrical designs and calculations, and physically assembles or over sees assembly activities related to projects. Also perform project engineering activities related to planning, directing, and testing products and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates or Interprets specifications, data sheets, P&ID’s and schematics
- Works with project teams and customers to ensure the products conform to customer requirements and meet the customer’s needs
- Develops the required drawings, calculations, and assembly instructions for electrical assembly
- Assembles and/or coordinates assembly for electrical components, including wiring and connecting
- Keeps abreast of current design practices and procedures
- Produces detailed technical submittal documents in support of assigned projects
- Participates in technical reviews and project status meetings as the electrical technical lead
- Plans electrical design activities related to a job, including setting schedule milestones, review points, and deadlines
- Develops and writes project-related conformance documentation – testing, manuals, plans, etc.
- Performs factory and site acceptance testing, including traveling to customer facilities
- Assists and writes deviation requests and non-conformance reports
- Specifies and quotes complex or non-stock items
- Assists in engineering overhead activities – CAD administration, engineering procedure development, etc.
- Supports production staff in the fabrication of items
- Coordinates with vendors to select the most cost-effective and available components
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering from a four-year college or university and at least 5 year related experience; or an Associate’s degree (A.S.) from an accredited college or university and at least 10 years related experience, preferably in a field that offers as opportunity to gain a well-rounded background in the core electrical engineering and design concepts. Familiarity or experience with Nuclear Quality Assurance (NQA-1) standard strongly desired. Strong manufacturing background required. Working knowledge and experience with UL-508A required. Experience with PLC selection/programming preferred.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Possess the ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings and process and instrumentation diagrams. Has In-depth knowledge of diversified, fundamental scientific electrical design components, connections, and installation. One must possess strong computer knowledge and be familiar with standard desktop software in addition to Solidworks Electrical or AutoCAD or other 2D drafting software.