CNC Machinist III - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is looking for a highly skilled individual to add to our Colorado Springs team! All candidates must be open to 2nd shift.
- CRITICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Ability to do Prototype machining, R&D, and reverse engineering
- Experience with manual machines, CNC machines, conversational programming and CNC coding
- Must have a positive attitude, be a team player and be project oriented
- Must be self-sufficient and be a leader/mentor to others THESE QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST HAVE THE BASIC FUNDAMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ASSOCIATED WITH MACHINING AND POSSES THE ABILITY TO GENERATE, READ AND INTERPRET DRAWINGS.
- Must fully understand the process of machining.
- Prior work history or knowledge of machining and programming â€œg-codeâ€ is crucial to this position.
- Must be familiar with â€œfanucâ€ base machines.
- Able to read and understand complex machining blueprints.
- Able to write simple machining programs on several different controllers.
- Sets-up and runs complex machining operations on the Haas Lathe, Feeler, G&L, Femco Vertical Mills and Femco HBC.
- Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions, adjust machine controls and offsets with minimal or no supervision.
- Periodically inspects parts during run and after completion to ensure parts are accurate.
- Processes all paperwork according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe working area.
- Monitors job costing to ensure that the machining stays within acceptable limits to the estimate.
Welder III / Fabricator III - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is currently looking for expert Welder/Fabricators for our Colorado Springs location.Must meet the following requirements:
- Capable of 6G certification in GMAW/FCAW and/or GTAW processes. SAW is a plus
- Capable of reading complex drawings, including weld symbols
- 3 or more years of code welding experience
- Pipe welding experience up to 20â€ piping and/or large structural weldments required
- Experience demonstrating X-Ray quality welds and capable of fitting up complex weldments with consideration for tolerance, shrinkage, and heat induced warpage
- Robotic welding experience a plus
- Experience with various metals, including carbon steel, stainless steel, and nickel alloys
Welders will be required to take the following tests: Shop Math Test, Weld Symbology Test, as well the following weld test:
- 2-3/4" OD Pipe Test (0.625" thick); Single V Groove Weld test; Single position in 6G with GMAW Downhill and FCAW Uphill
Industrial Painter - Colorado Springs, CO
We are seeking a skilled individual to apply a wide range of industrial liquid coatings to manufactured products in accordance to the specification of the OEM and Customer. The coatings may include one-, two- and three-coat procedures. The position requires a thorough knowledge of surface preparation to ensure proper coating adhesion. All candidates must be open to 1st or 2nd shift. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Applying a wide range of industrial coatings to fabricated metal products.
- Familiar with the use of instrumentation to measure painting parameters to ensure compliance to OEM specifications.
- Certified to apply industrial coatings in confined spaces.
- Certified to properly rig large objects for the purpose of moving them in the process of applying the industrial coatings.
- Recommend tools and equipment to improve the operation of the department.
- Practice good safety habits and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Follow all OSHA and HazMat Procedures applicable to the storage and handling of materials in the area.
- Report malfunctions of equipment or processing to supervisor.
Machinist III - Westminster, CO
Springs Fabrication ATG is seeking a skilled Machinist to join our Westminster, CO team!
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform complex set-ups and operate CNC lathes, mills and manual machinery
- Ability to read tooling lists, blueprints and manufacturing diagrams
- Must be able to start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions, adjust machine controls and offsets with little or no supervision
- Experience with large-scale machines required
- Must be a self-starter and good at problem solving
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Programming experience is a plus
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum of years of related machine shop experience and/or training or equivalent. SKILLS and ABILITIES :
- Ability to perform advanced and complex machine set-ups and read tooling lists, blueprints and manufacturing diagrams.
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment to measure dimensions and tolerances.
Quality Inspector / CWI - Westminster, CO
Springs Fab ATG is looking for a Quality Inspector / CWI for our Westminster location. This qualified individual will perform quality inspection activities to determine product compliance with defined quality requirements, including analysis and interpretation of results.QUALITY INSPECTION INCLUDES, but is not limited to:
- Dimensional Inspection, including GD&T
- Visual Weld Inspection
- Surface Finish Inspection
- Receiving Inspection
- Material Identification & Traceability
- Document Verification
- Perform and document quality inspection activities
- Provide guidance to others in the performance of quality inspection activities
- Provide guidance and/or participate in the fabrication and assembly of products to ensure quality requirements can be satisfied
- Perpare and complete quality and manufacturing documentation
- Ensure material identification and traceability is maintained, including tagging of items and segregating nonconforming items
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Current certification as a Weld Inspector (CWI) from the American Welding Society is required
- 4+ years in metal fabrication, i.e. welding, engineering, inspection or machining
- 3+ years product/process inspection and testing related experience
- 3+ years experience with mechanical inspection
- Ability to use a wide variety of measuring and testing equipment
- Experience or working knowledge of CMM equipment
- Extensive knowledge and experience with welding and weld documentation
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong mathematical knowledge and understanding, including geometry and trigonometry
Estimator - Westminster, CO
Advanced Technology Group is searching for an experienced Estimator to study customer requirements relating to the commercial and technical aspects of all RFPâ€™s. This qualified individual will be responsible for estimating all labor, material, quality and shipping costs pertaining to an RFP/RFQ that ATG receives and will respond accordingly with a formal proposal that meets technical, commercial, and profitability requirements.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and interpret technical specifications and customer RFP and Scope of Work (SOW) requirements.
- Utilize Microsoft Office software for estimating such as Excel and/or Word.
- Clearly and accurately interpret descriptions of processes and intentions in in order to build an accurate and competitive estimate.
- Read and interpret sketches and blueprints including weld symbols, GD&T and drawing material specifications.
- Experience with welding, machining and complex assembly operations.
- Can build a sequence of processes needed to fabricate systems.
- Communication with customers and suppliers both internal and external to our company.
- Work with ATG material and component suppliers to negotiate and obtain an accurate materials cost estimate.
- Work with Manufacturing, Engineering and Sr. Management personnel to obtain labor estimates.
- Assist in developing partnerships with key customers and suppliers.
- Represent Advanced Technology Group in a professional, courteous manner.
- Explain and justify estimates during group reviews.
- Document and categorize risks appropriately as they come up during the estimation process. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor`s degree (B. A.) or equivalent preferred; plus a minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training in these markets; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in building estimates for complex fabrication for Nuclear applications, for DoE directly or Tier 1 suppliers is preferred.
- Understanding of custom manufacturing is required.
- Must be well-rounded individual, who can communicate well with all levels of the organization.
- Posses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must have a high attention to detail and be thorough.
- Must have experience and a strong knowledge in MS Office and Adobe Pro software.
Welder III - Westminster, CO
Advanced Technology Group, a division of Springs Fabrication, is seeking skilled TIG welders, level II and III, experienced in sanitary welding processesRequirements
- Must be experienced in sanitary welding, with GTAW/GMAW
- Experienced with welding stainless steel, aluminum and carbon steel
- Fundamental understanding of various weld processes (GTAW/GMAW) and welding machinery
- Capable of reading basic blueprints and weld symbols
- Fundamental to advanced understanding of GD&T
- Ability to operate hand tools, grinders, etc
- Ability to operate and/or willingness to learn operation of basic shop machinery (band saw, shear, drill press, plasma cutter, etc.)
- Fundamental to advanced understanding of polishing and surface finishes
- Ability to work in a custom manufacturing team environment
- Capable of completing weldments with consideration of tolerances, shrinkage and warpage
- Ability to operate and/or willingness to learn operation of forklifts and cranes
- Own set of basic handtools (tape measure, square, wrenched, drivers, etc.)
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Must be able to pass a GTAW 6G sst pipe test (xray) , as well as written Shop Math and Weld Symbology tests
Technical Buyer - Westminster, CO
Springs Fabrication - Advanced Technology Group is seeking a Technical Buyer to hit the ground running. This is a strategic role that carries the responsibility to procure all materials, components, equipment and services required to manufacture custom engineered-to-order metal products and systems. There is very little repetitive work, so you will be challenged as new projects are launched and executed. Working closely with project management, manufacturing, quality and engineering, you will develop and execute plans to deliver materials to ensure on time delivery, quality and cost of our projects.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop material procurement plans based on engineering BOMs and program requirements to support custom equipment.
- Read and interpret technical specifications and translate into purchase orders that contain the required information for accurate delivery and inspection of material.
- Ensure suppliers adhere to prescribed specifications and delivery schedules. Process purchase orders through the ERP system and update delivery status as required.
- Support ordering of consumables and maintenance related items. Establish Kanban replenishment system for frequently ordered materials.
- Develop relationships with key suppliers and understand capabilities, capacity, lead times and quality.
- Seek out and facilitate qualification of new vendors to support supply chain and mitigate single source supply risks where possible.
- Participate in process improvement activities including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen events.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor`s degree in Business, Engineering or other related degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Procurement/Materials role with a project-based, Lean manufacturing environment
- Experience with a variety of component types, including sheet metal parts, machined parts, hardware and fasteners, electromechanical components and sub-assemblies
- Able to read BOMs, purchase requests, engineering drawings and other specifications
The qualified candidate to fill this role will be highly organized with great attention to detail, be a team player and always present a professional demeanor - internally as well as externally with suppliers.
Sandblaster - Colorado Springs, CO
Springs Fabrication is seeking TWO full-time Sandblasters to add to our 1st and 2nd shift teams. The sandblaster will grind and chip work-pieces to groove, bevel, round, or straighten edges or remove excess stock from metal as specified by drawings, job orders, or guidelines or to remove defects, such as shrink cracks and holes by performing the following duties.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inserts selected grinding wheel or cutting chisel into portable grinder or power hammer.
- Positions and manually guides tool along specified guidelines on edge or surface of work-piece.
- Inspects work.
- Grinds portable parts on pedestal grinder.
- Removes sharp edges or burrs.
- Chips or grinds out pits or cracks.
- Grinds, chips, or brushes off excess weld, splatter, and rust to improve appearance of work-piece.
We are seeking a team-player with good work ethic and dependability! Our ideal candidate will be comfortable working up high on ladders, a quick learner and have good attention to detail.